Counting handwoven palm crosses
Women in Mpeta weaving palm crosses
Dried palm cut and ready to plait
A pile of palm crosses
The finished cross
Palm harvesting in the Masasi district
Harvesting palms ready to make palm crosses
Buying African palm crosses:
- You will be giving extra work to people whose only other source of income is the sale of their cashew nuts. Any money they earn from palm crosses is used for the usual household necessities – clothes for the parents and their children, salt, soap and any money required to get to the nearest hospital for medical treatment.
- You will encourage people in their daily lives.
How to buy:
- Order before Friday the 8th of April 4 pm and we will do our best to get your order to you before Palm Sunday
- UK orders £9.10 per 50 palm crosses including tax and carriage.
Rest of the world orders €12.00 per 50 including tax and carriage.
- You can buy via our shop via PayPal or bank transfer, or by phone, fax or postal address – see your contact page